Achmea hosts event for analysts
On the afternoon of 22 May 2012, Achmea will host an Analyst day at its offices in Leiden, the Netherlands. The formal part of the program consists of four presentations by members of Achmea’s Executive Board.
Achmea’s Chairman of the Board, Willem van Duin, will give an update on Achmea’s strategy and topical issues in the Dutch and International business. Danny van der Eijk, our Board member responsible for the non-life business, will discuss the non-life market in the Netherlands and Achmea’s strategy to maintain its market leading position. Mr. Van der Eijk will also give an update on the strategy behind the acquisition of the online business Independer.nl. CFO and Vice-Chairman of the Board, Gerard van Olphen, will discuss our capital position including an update on our Solvency II position.
The presentations will include these brief comments on Achmea’s performance in Q1 2012:
- Q1 results were lower as a result of higher claims ratio in Achmea’s Dutch Property & Casualty business due to January storms and a few large claims, mainly in the agricultural-sector.
- Good performance in Health. Hospital contracting nearly closed.
- Higher claims in the Dutch disability market (income protection) – mainly driven by the economic cycle. Commercial aspirations restrained; prioritising return over volumes.
- Operating costs decreased modestly.
- Selected additional provisioning for Dutch real estate investment portfolio (mainly offices). Total return in 2012 on real estate portfolio still expected to be positive. Office portfolio approximately 25% impaired.
- Solvency robust; considering using different curve to calculate solvency.
The Analyst day can be followed via a live webcast on http://www.achmea.com/ commencing at 13.30 CET.
The presentations will be available on the website of Achmea today as from 13.30 CET.